Due to the outbreak of the corona-virus, the office of Shaikh Abdol-Hamid, Friday Imam of Sunnis in Zahedan, Iran has issued a list of recommendations for the holy month of Ramadan 2020.
The announcement is as follows:
In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. The worshipers should observe the distance to hold the Tarawih prayers. It is better to hold prayers outdoors.
2. Due to the outbreak of the corona-virus, there is no need to end the Holy Qur’an in the Tarawih prayers this year. Reciting a part of the Holy Qur’an in prayers is sufficient, for example, half of a part of the Holy Qur’an.
3. During prayers, worshipers should use masks and personal prayer rugs.
4. If possible, complete the Holy Qur’an in Tarawih prayers at home with the presence of family members.
5. Respected worshipers should refrain from crowding and gathering when entering and leaving mosques.
6. The worshipers perform ablutions in their homes and attend congregational prayers.
7. The worshipers should avoid gathering in certain places and hold the Tarawih prayers in many places with a small member of people.
8. In big mosques, congregational prayers should be held in different places.
9. Sick or suspicious patients should avoid attending mosques.
10. Women should refrain from attending mosques and pray at their homes.
11. Avoid mass iftaar party in mosques.
12. The custodians of the mosque should take care to disinfect and clean mosques more than past.
13. It is better for the fasting people to spend their times remembering Allah, reciting the Holy Qur’an, repenting, and giving alms.
14. Muslims should pay zakah as soon as possible.
Respected worshipers obey the above advice firmly. Observing the health items and the above recommendations are necessary and ignoring them will cause irreparable damages to the society.
Office of Friday Imam of Sunnis, Zahedan – Iran